Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
You are not required to provide any personally identifiable information to visit the Site. presets.com automatically collects Usage Data (as described below) and may collect ZIP codes and other information in connection with your use of the Site (e.g., the type of service you are looking for). presets.com collects personally identifiable information only when you make it available through your use of the Site. In addition, you may submit personally identifiable information through the Site in other ways, including: (a) participating in online surveys, promotions, contests and sweepstakes; (b) subscribing to newsletters, editorial content, or promotional content sent via email, (c) using the Site’s “Comment Box” and “More Information” forms; and (d) in connection with other products, services, features, or requests made available through the Site. Any Usage Data (as defined in the next section) and/or personally identifiable information resulting from such calls may be used as described in this Statement. The types of personally identifiable information that you provide will depend on the nature of the submission, but could include your name, address, phone number and email address.
Passive Information Collection
The Site automatically collects information and may also customize your visit through technical means, including the following:
Cookies: Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive by computers (or servers) to identify your computer.
Web Beacons: Web beacons (also known as pixel tags, internet tags, clear GIFs, or single-pixel GIFs) are electronic images embedded into a webpage.
IP Address Logs: presets.com also logs Internet Protocol (IP) addresses – the location of your computer on the internet – and may log device ID and information about your browser or operating system.
Cookies allow presets.com to recognize you when you visit the Site, to personalize your experience and generally to serve you better. For example, if you enter your name, address or ZIP code on one of the Site’s forms, it may be stored in a cookie so you do not have to enter it again on other forms on the Site. Cookies and web beacons can tell us what advertising you have seen on the Site, which allows presets.com to offer you a more diverse selection of advertising information and may also be used together to measure the effectiveness of presets.com advertising campaigns. Cookies, web beacons and IP addresses are also used to compile data regarding Site usage (e.g., what website you came from, what pages of the Site you visit, how long you were on the Site, what type of browser you are using, what website you went to). Web beacons may also be included in emails sent by presets.com to determine when and if such emails are opened or forwarded. You can disable cookies or otherwise manage them through tools provided with your browser software and with third-party software packages. If you turn off cookies, many of the Site’s features will not work as well or at all. Anonymous information regarding use of our Site and services that is collected and/or aggregated by or on behalf of presets.com through the use of such technical means or otherwise is referred to in this Statement as “Usage Data.“
Personally Identifiable Information: Personally identifiable information collected by presets.com through your use of the Site, through your providing an email address to receive promotional or other communications via email, or through your providing a mobile number to receive coupon(s) or other communications via call, text or SMS, may be stored on servers or in a cookie on your computer and may be used by presets.com for any of the following purposes:
To confirm or fulfill a request that you make (e.g., in order to send you a price quote or other information you have requested, presets.com may share your contact information and content interests with a participating presets.com photographer and/or partner).
To deliver coupons and other marketing communications via text or SMS, which, by providing your mobile number to presets.com, you have expressly consented to receive.
To send promotional materials, newsletters or other content via email, text message, or otherwise. If you no longer wish to receive a particular email newsletter or other promotion from presets.com, you must follow the opt-out instructions included in such email newsletters, text messages, and promotions.
To permit third parties (to whom presets.com may disclose personally identifiable information specifically for direct marketing purposes) to send you promotional or informational messages, but only if you have first affirmatively agreed to receive such messages. You agree that the seller or other third party may use an autodialer to text or call, and that a portion of any call may be pre-recorded.
To improve your user experience.
To manage presets.com’s business and its relationships with Affiliates, customers, and other third parties to which presets.com may disclose personally identifiable information pursuant to this Statement.
To assist in Site administration, analysis, research, development, optimization and other internal purposes, including, without limitation, to compile Usage Data.
Usage Data: Usage Data is used by presets.com for administrative, analytical, research, optimization and other purposes. For example, presets.com may use statistical analyses of Usage Data in order to measure interest in the various areas of the Site, for development purposes and to inform advertisers and partners in aggregate and anonymous terms about consumers who click on their advertising or other messages. IP addresses are also used for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes.
Your use of presets.com products or services will not be limited if you opt out of receiving telemarketing calls or texts. However, you agree that presets.com may send to you, and you cannot opt out of, communications of a transactional or relationship nature, including, but not limited to, communications regarding fraudulent or illegal activity, changes to this Statement or the presets.com Terms of Service, as well as communications to confirm, fulfill and follow up on your service request submitted through the Site.
Mobile-specific information we may collect
presets.com collects mobile information such as your device and hardware IDs and device type, the request type, your carrier, your carrier user ID, and the content of your request, which does not by itself identify you, though it may be unique or consist of or contain information that you may consider personal. presets.com may collect geo-location information (this may include when you use location-based products and services on the Site, and/or turn on location-based services on your mobile device). This information may reveal your actual location, such as GPS data, or it may not, such as when you submit a partial address to look at a map of the area. All requests may be sent through your mobile carrier’s network and your carrier may have access to it. For information regarding your carrier’s treatment of your information, please consult your carrier’s privacy policies.
presets.com shares the personally identifiable information that you provide with third parties in the following cases:
1. Affiliates. presets.com may share your personally identifiable information with Affiliates on the condition that the Affiliates’ disclosure and use of the information is consistent with this Statement.
2. Requests. If you request information or services through the Site, you agree that presets.com may share personally identifiable information with third parties as may be necessary to provide such information to or perform such services for you. For example, if you use the Site’s “Free Preset Download” form to request a free or paid preset, presets.com will share the information you entered with that photographer or service provider (or its designee). Similarly, if through the Site you request additional information from a financial institution, presets.com will share your information with that institution. Personally identifiable information also may be included in reports to these third parties, but only when you have intended to submit the information to the third party as described above. After the information is provided to such third parties, the subsequent use or disclosure of such information is subject to those third parties’ privacy policies and practices and presets.com does not control their subsequent use or disclosure of information.
3. Sweepstakes/Promotions. In the event that you participate in a sweepstakes, contest or other promotion on the Site that is sponsored by presets.com and a third party, presets.com reserves the right to share personally identifiable information collected in conjunction with the sweepstakes, contest or promotion with the third party. After the information is provided to such third parties, the subsequent use or disclosure of such information is subject to those third parties’ privacy policies and practices.
4. Direct Marketing. Except as provided herein, it is presets.com’s policy not to disclose personally identifiable information of our customers to third parties specifically for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are 18 years of age or older and have affirmatively agreed to receive third-party direct marketing materials, presets.com may share personally identifiable information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Although presets.com will notify all third-party direct marketers that the information provided to them is confidential, the subsequent use or disclosure of such information is subject to those third parties’ privacy policies and practices.
5. Service Providers. presets.com may work with third parties that provide services on its behalf, including, among others, providers of analytical, attribution, development, promotional, research, credit card processing, technical and other services. For example, presets.com may ask that a third party conduct an online survey or sweepstakes or send newsletters on its behalf. In such cases, presets.com asks that the third party maintain your personally identifiable information as confidential and use the information only to perform the services specified by presets.com.
6. Email List Opt-Outs. In the event presets.com sends promotional emails to you on behalf of third-party advertisers and you inform presets.com you wish to opt out of future promotional emails from a particular third party, presets.com may share your email address with that third party so the third party may add you to its opt-out lists.
7. Other. presets.com expressly reserves the right to release any personally identifiable information or other information you provide to third parties under the following circumstances: (a) when required by law or legal process, (b) to investigate and/or take action against illegal activity, suspected abuse or unauthorized use of the Site, (c) to protect the property or safety of our users or others, (d) and to enforce our Terms of Service. Further, if you make any personally identifiable information publicly available on the Site, presets.com reserves the right to disclose such information to third parties, including, without limitation, insurance companies and presets.com’s Affiliates and third-party distribution partners.
Please note that the messages that presets.com sends to you to confirm, fulfill or follow up on a request may incidentally include promotional material or other content from presets.com or its partners. presets.com reserves the right to share Usage Data with any third party for any reason.
Review Platforms and Message Boards
presets.com also may offer review posting platforms, message boards, bulletin boards, chat rooms, comments areas or other forums (“Forums“) on the Site for use by visitors who are 18 years of age or older. Any information you disclose when posting a message in these Forums may become public. You should not include any information in your posting that you do not want other parties to see or use. Moreover, if you post any messages in the Forums that include your email address or phone number you may receive unsolicited emails or calls from third parties.
Email a Page
The Site offers you the ability to email certain pages of the Site to a friend or other third party. If you choose to use the “Email a Page” functionality, your name, email address and any message you are allowed to include will be visible to the recipient of the email. The “Email a Page” functionality is for informational purposes only and may not be used for any unlawful purpose, including any harassment or threats. Information collected by presets.com through the “Email a Page” functionality shall be used in accordance with this Statement.
Changes to this Statement
Any changes to this Statement will be posted on the Site in this location and this Statement will be identified as “Updated”. Your continued use of the Site after such notice constitutes acceptance of such changes.
presets.com believes that it is especially important to protect children’s privacy online. presets.com does not knowingly collect or use any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 and presets.com does not knowingly provide any personally identifiable information, regardless of its source, to any third party for any purpose whatsoever from visitors younger than 13 years old. No information should be submitted to or posted at presets.com by visitors younger than 13 years old.
This Site contains links to other sites. While presets.com encourages our business partners to adopt privacy policies that build users’ trust and confidence in the internet, presets.com is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of websites linked to the Site or any third-party products or services offered through the Site.
Notice to California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request using our contact form:
Collection of Information by Third Parties
Third-party service providers may also collect information from your devices and may combine personal and non-personal information about you with information from other sources including your visits to this and other websites, mobile websites and/or mobile applications across your various devices. These activities may enable them to identify you in order to provide content and advertisements about goods and services of interest to you across those various devices.